Ooh, first time Liebster Award. Thanks to The Awkward Book Blogger for nominating me for this award. Much appreciated! I’m very honored to have received this award.
This award is given to smaller bloggers to help gain recognition and also bring the book community closer together.)
1. Acknowledge the blog(s) that nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
5. Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
1. Would you rather give up eating your favorite food or reading books for a month and why?
This is pretty tricky. I would say I would give up eating my favourite food for a month because I won’t be missing anything. My favourite food is cream sauce lobster, and since my family are vegetarians I don’t get lobster very often. Also as a student, student life is sad life. Nobody got the molah to afford lobster!
2. Audiobooks or ebooks?
Ebooks. I tried audiobooks to the best of my ability. I end up multitasking which ends up with me tuning out the audiobook. Defeats the purpose of what I’m trying to do. I could listen to audiobooks if I followed along with the novel itself. That I can do, but I can’t pay attention for podcasts, like Welcome to Nightvale.
3. If you could have any job (fictional included), which job would you choose?
I would love to have a job where I gathered user research and created better user experiences for applications, devices and etc. Haha yes, this job isn’t as bookish as others would think, but honestly, I really do want a job involving design or user experience. Tis what I was trained to do, tis what I shall be doing. Hopefully.
4. Although book burning tends to be frowned upon, what is one book/series you wouldn’t mind using as firewood?
50 Shades of Gray series and Red Queen.
5. What is your favorite movie of all time?
Spirited Away. Even after years and tons of rewatching, I still love that movie. Oh! Actually it’s a toss up between Howl’s Moving Castle and Spirited Away.
6. Favorite candy/chocolate?
Chocolate covered raisins if I had to eat chocolate.
7. Would you rather go on a quest with a morally ambiguous antagonist or with a conceited protagonist?
Morally ambiguous antagonist for sure.
8. What’s your opinion about the controversial subject of audiobooks?
There’s controversy with audiobooks? If you’re reading this and you know about it, could you inform me of this subject.
Actually, it makes sense, people will pick fights about anything and everything. Haha. Basically books deliver some form of story. We read books to experience those stories. Whether the book be in the format of an ebook or physical, we are still experiencing the world, characters, and plot. Therefore, I don’t see why anyone would deny the fact that audiobooks offers the same sort of experience. Sure we aren’t using our sense of sight to experience the story, but we are using our sense of hearing. Audiobooks offers the same sort of experience; it caters to a different sense.
Did I answer this question correctly? I still don’t know what the controversy is about audiobooks, hopefully, I made the correct assumption on what this question could be asking me about.
9. What is your most favorite TV show and what’s it about?
It’s either Motive or Blindspot this season. Once Upon A Time is pretty good, but there are some seasons where the writing was subpar.
Motive is a crime drama. The viewers are shown the victim and murderer at the start of the show. The show transverses through the motive of the murder and how the murder was committed. The main character is played by a great actress and has a fantastic dynamic with the other actors on the homicide team.
Blindspot is a crime/mystery drama, where the main character is found in a bag at a busy intersection covered in tattoos and with no recollection of who she is and how she got in the bag. The show follows multiple characters as they try to solve the mystery of who did it to the main character.
10. What is one comfort food that never fails to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside?
Congee. :D Mac and cheese works too or soft boiled eggs.
11. Tom Hiddleston or Benedict Cumberbatch? (You can’t say both. You must choose.)
Haha I hate this question so much. I guess Cumberbatch since I was a fangirl in the past. I guess I’m still am, but I’m not actively searching for photos and news about him every week. Now it’s just whatever comes up on Reddit. And no I’m not subscribed to his subreddit. haha. I actually found out about his subreddit 3 weeks ago. Pretty great.
- I like dinosaurs.
- I also like space.
- 1/3 of my bed is designated sleeping space. The rest has been taken over by my stuffed animals. It is very sad.
- I take forever to finish games. I wish I was joking, but I’m not. I get teased for this by my friends all the time.
- I always wanted to dye my hair when I was younger. I even bought coloured hair extensions to spice up my black hair.
- In March, I finally achieved my desire for coloured hair. It is currently dark red/pink.
- I’m currently trying to build a werewolf deck for standard play. It is my first deck, so I’m a bit nervous about it. That and I need to hunt down half the cards I want for the deck. Ahh.
- I refuse to go running in hot humid weather. Anything above 25 degrees is too hot for me to go running in.
- I have this really odd obsession for awkward octopus. It’s too cute. :/
- Nice is not a character trait I would ever use for myself. I have used it as a joke before. I do whatever I think a decent human would want to do. That being said, I do not use this as means to be a jerk. I actually don’t really like it when people characterize themselves as nice. I tend to find that people who do, aren’t actually that nice.
- Whenever I’m bloated, I call it being a roly poly.
Bleh, finding 11 facts about myself is pretty tricky. Haha half the time I’m pulling things out of thin air. I don’t even think they are interesting facts, but whatever! Time for the tags! I have a couple of humans in mind already. :D They’re pretty cool people and I’m pretty glad to have gotten to know some of them. Also, I’m totally not using this as an excuse to get to know them further. Nope nope. Kidding. That’s pretty much some of the reasons for tagging them. Weee~
Hmm. Time for the 11 questions for the nominees! Hopefully these aren’t questions you guys are sick answering. Haha It’s tricky finding good questions to ask. Also I might have reused some of the ones I did because I’m fairly interested in your answers for them.
- When you were a child, what were your interests?
- When did you discover your passion for reading?
- You just came home from a long day of school/work, what’s your go to meal for days like this?
- Got any other hobbies besides being a book blogger?
- If you were ruler of the world for a day, what laws would you enforce?
- Would you rather go on a quest with a morally ambiguous antagonist or with a conceited protagonist?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- How do you organize your books? By cover colour? By authors’ last names?
- What’s your favourite book trope?
- Do you have any book tropes you dislike?
- Beep boop. You have been turned into a robot, what is your first order of business?