Another award nomination. This time I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Ariana @ The Quirky Book Nerd. Thank you very much for the nomination. The questions were very fun to do. Ariana got some pretty interesting questions herself, so I recommend checking out her post for them. I’m going to assume this award is given to people who you think are super awesome and are like a ray of sunshine? Well that’s what I think this award is about.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answers the given questions
- Pick five bloggers to answer the questions
1. If you could travel to any period in time, where would you go and why?
I would most likely travel into the future. Maybe 2032 and see if the Earth has been blown up by a giant asteroid yet. If Earth is still in tact, I think the next thing to look for is virtual reality. I’m hoping that’s a thing our near future.
2. What is your favorite under-hyped novel?
Well it used to be Poison Study, but that gained in popularity recently, so I’ll select another novel. Oh, I would say The Stolen Songbird is pretty underhyped. It was written by a local author. :D
3. What type of music do you enjoy listening to the most?
Rock music I guess. I do enjoy listening to classical and soundtracks from all sorts of media.
4. What are three books you absolutely refuse to read?
I guess the Fifty Shades of Gray series, Divergent series, and Moral Instrument series.
5. Do you prefer series or standalones?
Nether. I’ll read whatever that interests me. I try not to let the amount of novels a book has in a series affect my decision to pick up a novel. I mean if I had to answer the question, I prefer standalones, but data has shown that I enjoy series more.
6. What are your favorite and least favorite book to movie adaptations?
Favourite book to movie would be the Lord of the Rings series. They did a great job portraying the world that Tolken made. The least favourite book adaptation would be Ender’s Game. I didn’t think the movie did it justice, but the movie does have its charm. The adaptation for Ender’s Game is like a guilty pleasure for me.
7. What is one food you never get tired of eating?
Rice. Only because I eat rice every day. Just kidding. Honestly, I dont’ think I would ever get sick of blueberries. They’re not as amazing as strawberries are, but at least I don’t get sick of them like I do with strawberries.
8. What are the most difficult and most rewarding things about blogging for you?
The most difficult thing would be understanding which part of my life to showcase on my blog and what not. Sometimes silly events happen to me and my friends, but I never know if it’s any good to tell others so I keep it bottled up. I’ll talk about other personal things, but stuff like not realizing I’m squishing my nose, things I say to my friends, and other things aren’t something that seems appealing to me to blog about. It just seems like cheaper filler items.
The most rewarding things about blogging is meeting people and just having a place to call my own. If I wanna discuss my thoughts then I feel very comfortable sharing them on my blog. It wasn’t like that before, so I really appreciate this feeling.
Time for the nominees! These are people who I think are really awesome to talk to. Not only do they pump out great content, but they have great personalities! It’s almost like they are a ray of “sunshine”. Haha, get it? No? Haha. I’ll show myself out. Anyways, that’s why I think these people should get the award. Feel free to check out their blogs.
Oh yeah, you guys need questions to answer don’t you? Well, I’m going to keep this fairly dynamic and not ultimately related to books because some of the nominees I mentioned aren’t all book nerds. You’re welcome to select the questions you want to answer, or you can do them all. Whatever works for you. :D I might reuse some questions I have asked in the past because I’m interested in knowing what you guys think.
- You wake up to realize you’re trapped in a building and the thing that is most important to you is taken, but you discover that you have a special power now. What is was taken from you and what power was given to you? (for those of you who have played The World Ends With You, that’s where I got the question from)
- I do realize that Raquel has answered this question, so you’re welcome to skip this if you want. :D
- What would be the strangest food item you can think of that you would pair with whipping cream?
- You are presented an award for your greatest achievement, what are you awarded for?
- Juice, tea, carbonated sodas, or coffee?
- Do you have any crazy life stories, and if so, what are they?
- What are some characteristics you value in a person?
Hmm that’s all the questions I got for you guys. Hopefully you guys enjoy doing them!